In high-technology or research-intensive organisations, research and development (R&D) strategy is a key aspect of institutional success. Reseva offers a number of consultancy-based services in this area including:
- Design and development of research strategy
- Identification of novel technologies leading to new products, especially in the life sciences
- Assessment of present strategy and definition of areas for improvement
- Integration of market intelligence and research portfolio, including development of commercialisation strategy
- Performance management of higher education and public research institutions.
Examples of Reseva/Dr Walwyn's Experience:
Development of research strategies and business plans for a range of companies and public research institutions including the CSIR, iThemba Pharmaceuticals, Arvir Technologies, CSIR Biosciences, eGoli Bioincubator, BioPAD, and the Botswana Technology Centre.
Walwyn, D. R. & Brent, A. C. 2015. Renewable energy gathers steam in South Africa. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 41, pp 390-401.
Walwyn, D. 2008. A Comparison of the Cost of Research in South Africa's Public Research and Higher Educational Institutions. South African Journal of Science, 104, pp 431 - 435.
Walwyn, D. 2008. A Target for South Africa's Business Expenditure on Research and Development Based on Industry Structure. South African Journal of Science, 104 (9/10); pp 340 – 344.
Walwyn, D and B Scholes. 2006. The Impact of a Mixed Income Model on the CSIR: a Recipe for Success or Disaster? South African Journal of Science, 102; pp 239 - 243.